It never ceases to amaze me how relevant the Bible still is even with some of the books being thousands of years old.
Solomon said there is nothing new under the sun and he was right.
Methods may change, but thousands of years ago people were still people dealing with issues just like we do.
I did some digging to find some scriptures about business, because I want to do business the right way.
So whether you are a business owner, an employee of a business, or just buy stuff from businesses (that covers just about all of us – right?) there is some wisdom to be received from these scriptures.
Scriptures about Business
1. The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. – Genesis 2:15 NIV
2. Six days do your work, but on the seventh day do not work, so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and so that the slave born in your household and the foreigner living among you may be refreshed. – Exodus 23:12 NIV
3. He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers. – Exodus 35:35 NIV
4. Do not defraud or rob your neighbor. Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight. – Leviticus 19:13 NIV
5. Do not have two differing weights in your bag—one heavy, one light. Do not have two differing measures in your house—one large, one small. You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. – Deuteronomy 25:13-15 NIV
6. If I have denied justice to any of my servants, whether male or female, when they had a grievance against me, what will I do when God confronts me? What will I answer when called to account? – Job 31:13-14 NIV
7. They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, “Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed.” But I prayed, “Now strengthen my hands.” Nehemiah 6:9 NIV
8. Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. – Psalm 112:5 NIV
9. Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. – Proverbs 10:4 NIV
10. The Lord detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him. – Proverbs 11:1 NIV
11. A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied. – Proverbs 13:4 NIV
12. Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. – Proverbs 13:11 NIV
13. Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. – Proverbs 16:8 NIV
14. The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. – Proverbs 21:5 NIV
15. One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty. – Proverbs 22:16
16. The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work. – Proverbs 21:25 NIV
17. Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his upper rooms by injustice, making his own people work for nothing, not paying them for their labor. – Jeremiah 22:13 NIV
18. For Scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.” 1 Timothy 5:18
19. “So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. – Malachi 3:5 NIV
20. Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. – Luke 16:10 NIV
21. And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him. – Ephesians 6:9 NIV
22. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters . . . . – Colossians 3:23 NIV
23. Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven. – Colossians 4:1
24. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. – James 5:4 NIV
Do you know any other bible verses about business or work that you want to add?
Ready to Quit Living Paycheck-to-Paycheck?
Just click to join 163,000+ others and take our FREE email course to better manage your money, pay off debt, and save!