Don’t you just hate when you get your bill and you find a billing error or a hidden charge?
I do, but the challenge is that it takes a good amount of time and energy to scrutinize every bill to make sure it is correct. Enter Billguard.com.
BillGuard is a personal finance security service that alerts you to unwanted and unauthorized transactions on your credit card and debit card bills. How is that for a nifty idea?
How it works
- All you and I have to do as a user is register our credit or debit cards with them.
- Each day Billguard scans our card activity to check for billing errors, hidden charges, forgotten subscriptions, etc and then sends you an email alert when they think they have found something.
- Billguard scans each transaction and runs 100 automated tests to verify that it is legit. They also check the web for complaints about charges from that specific merchant to look for red flags.
- Each month they send you a monthly report showing their findings.
- As you use the service more it gets smarter and gets better at spotting incorrect charges.
Watch the video below for an even better explanation
How secure is it?
You can find out more about their security precautions, but basically they use bank-level security, so your information should be just as safe as it is with your bank – and possibly more safe as Bill guard only has read-only access to your info.
How much does it cost?
I just signed up, so I can’t really write a Billguard review yet, but once I use it for a while I will add some updates on what I think about the program.