SmartyPig “Race Out Of Debt” Contest
I just got word about a pretty big giveaway that the folks over at SmartyPig are running.
I guess first I should explain what SmartyPig is for those who don’t know. It is basically an online savings account that helps you to reach your savings goals. The best thing about SmartyPig is that they pretty much have the highest savings rates of any online bank – currently 1.75%. The downside is that you need to contribute to the account on a regular basis. You can find out more about the account by visiting the SmartyPig Website.
Back to the giveaway. According to their research the average American’s credit card debt is sitting at $4951, so they are having a giveaway to match that amount.
Here are some of the contest details…
The contest officially begins this morning, September 14, 2010, at 10 AM CT and will remain open until September 27, 2010, at 10 AM CT.
On Monday, September 27, 2010, SmartyPig will randomly choose eight finalists. Each finalist will be assigned to a pig on the SmartyPig Farm. These pigs will then race to determine which lucky contestant wins the grand prize. On Tuesday, September 28, 2010, we will post the video of the SmartyPig race and officially announce the “Race Out of Debt” winner!
- New and existing users must add a NEW goal under the NEW category, “Race Out Of Debt”
- Follow the instructions to set up and activate your new SmartyPig goal.
- Enter your qualified checking or savings account from your credit union or bank.
- Make the initial deposit requirement of $25. Remember this is NOT an entrance fee. You will automatically begin earning 1.75% APY, have access to up to 14% cash back at many retailers, and you always have the option to redeem the $25 + interest earned back to your checking or savings account.
- Follow each step closely as failure to complete all steps will disqualify you from the contest.