Finding ways to save money is becoming almost as trendy as the “green” movement. I guess time will tell if we see the Prius driving Hollywood stars trading in their mansions in order to “save money”. While the saving thing is trendy, I don’t think it is that trendy.
So, anyway, this week’s giveaway is going to be a little bit different. Instead of leaving a comment in the forums to be entered, you can leave your best, most creative, and/or favorite way to save money in the comment section below.
I (and my lovely wife Linda) will be the judges of what the most creative, practical, and easy way to save money is from the comments below.
What will you get out of it?
The winner will get a $40 gift card to Amazon.com. How is that for saving money?
A few of my favorite ways to save money
- Shopping sites like Ebates or Microsoft Cashback should be in every saver’s arsenal. If you use the two sites, you are just about a guaranteed a discount on anything you buy online.
- Shopping around for car insurance is a wonderful idea that will surely save you money. When I did this for the first time, I assumed I was wasting my time, because I had a pretty good rate. I was amazed to find that I could get the same coverage for $500 less than I was spending each year!
- One of the easiest ways to save money is to buy a used car instead of a new one. Most of us know that this is a good idea, but when you really look at how much money you can save on the car’s depreciation, it becomes difficult to buy a new car.
- If you have an emergency fund built up, you can use it to save you money on insurance deductibles. After all, this is what an emergency fund is for – right?
And a few more articles about saving money…
- 16 creative ways to save money
- 100 great tips for those trying to start saving money
- 1001 money saving tips and ideas
- 11 ways to save money this month
- 15 ways to cut expenses
- 10 practical ways to save money and increase your net worth
- 75 painless ways to save money
- 12 simple ways to save money on utilities