I have been wanting to do some real estate investing for years, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. We all have our excuses don’t we?
But a friend of mine, Brandon Turner, is part of the largest real estate investing website out there (BiggerPockets.com) and has been investing in real estate for years. And he is a really great teacher and communicator.
So, I figured who better to ask some questions to.
In the interview below I ask him a series of questions that I am curious about as a wannabe investor and that are pretty common questions that beginners typically wonder about.
- What type of real estate investing do you recommend to beginners and why?
- What made you take the leap into REI?
- Answer this question once and for all – can you invest in a property with no money down?
- When looking for good properties, are there any rules of thumb that you follow to identify a good investment property?
- With there being so many real estate investors out there, do new investors have a chance to snatch up a winning property?
- How does a new investor minimize risk?
- Do you recommend that new investors use a property manager?
- If you were talking to your younger self – say right when you started- what books, resources, would you recommend?
Watch the interview here
Since this interview, I have found another avenue for Real Estate investing through Fundrise and I talk about it in detail in the video below!
Tips to put more money in your pocket & Biblical principles on managing it well.
Just click to take our FREE E-course to get 5 simple lessons to help you improve your financial life today!
Better manage your money, pay off debt, save more, using key Biblical principles!