A while back I wrote a few articles about getting out of debt that became the Getting Out of Debt Series.
After numerous requests, I decided to turn it into a free downloadable e-book as well.
The series/eBook basically takes you through all the things that my wife (Linda) and I have done to pay down our debts.
When we got married we had about $40,000 of debt. Even though that was a sizeable amount of debt, we had a very strong desire to get rid of it.
This intense desire drove us to make sacrifices that seemed pretty uncommon when we looked at those around us.
But, as Dave Ramsey often says, “You have to live like no one else (now), so that you can live like no one else (in the future)”.
The Getting Out of Debt Series
If you go through these articles and just do some of the stuff mentioned, you are likely to be in much better financial shape than you were before. But, I recommend that you sit down with each article and really spend some time with it. The last five articles are going to require some actions on your part. So, spend a couple weeks and make getting out of debt your new hobby and work hard at it!
You will be rewarded for your efforts!
- Getting out of Debt (Step 1) – Realize it is not about you
- Getting out of Debt (Step 2) – Open your mind
- Getting out of Debt (Step 3) – Create a balance sheet
- Getting out of Debt (Step 4) – Quit over-spending
- Getting out of Debt (Step 5) – 15 ways to cut expenses
- Getting out of Debt (Step 6) – Make sacrifices
- Getting out of Debt (Step 7) – Snowball your debt
More articles to help you cut your debt
I have written quite a bit about debt on this site, since I spent a lot of time battling the debt monster. These are a few other articles that will help you along your journey to get out of debt.
Please share tips or resources for getting out of debt below!